His outstanding trajectory in the global scene is recognized in corporate, academic and political circles. Professionally, he has distinguished himself in the following activities:
• Chaired the Brazilian PTO, after having implemented the first regional office of that body in Rio Grande do Sul, which he headed for 17 years;
• Chaired the Inter-Ministerial Commission that drafted the current Brazilian Industrial Property Law;
• Was a consultant for WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization);
• Was a consultant for the UN on issues related to Intellectual Property;
• Participated in the formulation of international agreements like TRIPs (Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property);
• Represented Brazil at events held by SELA (Latin American Economic System) and ALADI (Latin American Integration Association) and in the negotiations to create MERCOSUL;
• Was Vice President of the Brazil / Argentina Chamber of Industry and Trade.
• Vice President and Coordinator of the Chamber of Intellectual Property of FEDERASUL (Federation of the Commercial and Services Associations of the state of Rio Grande do Sul)
At present, besides leading the company that bears his name, Paulo Afonso Pereira, also engages in outside activities related to the area of Intellectual Property, such as:
• President of the ACPA (Porto Alegre Comercial Association)
• Member of the Anti-Piracy Committee of the State Prosecutor’s Office of Rio Grande do Sul;
• Arbiter in the Arbitration Chamber of ABPI (Brazilian Intellectual Property Association);
• His voluntary and philanthropic work can be seen in the community.