Paulo Afonso Pereira, our trademark
His outstanding trajectory in the global scene is recognized in corporate, academic and political circles. Professionally, he has distinguished himself in the following activities:
• Chaired the Brazilian PTO, after having implemented the first regional office of that body in Rio Grande do Sul, which he headed for 17 years;
• Chaired the Inter-Ministerial Commission that drafted the current Brazilian Industrial Property Law;
• Was a consultant for WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization);
• Was a consultant for the UN on issues related to Intellectual Property;
• Participated in the formulation of international agreements like TRIPs (Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property);
• Represented Brazil at events held by SELA (Latin American Economic System) and ALADI (Latin American Integration Association) and in the negotiations to create MERCOSUL;
• Was Vice President of the Brazil / Argentina Chamber of Industry and Trade.
At present, besides leading the company that bears his name, Paulo Afonso Pereira, also engages in outside activities related to the area of Intellectual Property, such as:
• President of the ACPA (Porto Alegre Comercial Association);
• Member of the Anti-Piracy Committee of the State Prosecutor’s Office of Rio Grande do Sul;
• Arbiter in the Arbitration Chamber of ABPI (Brazilian Intellectual Property Association);
• His voluntary and philanthropic work can be seen in the community.
More than offering trademarks and patents advices, our team is ready to take care of the business soul.
The PAP Intellectual Property goes beyond advice for the protection of intangible assets of its clients. We seek a close relationship with our partners around the world, attending their interests with extensive experience and trained professionals.
Areas of Service:
• Intellectual Property Litigation
• Own office with personalized services of qualified consultants in intellectual property.
• Access to exclusive database through powerful software to monitor and analyse process data.
• Skilled professionals in patents and trademarks.
• International area constantly updated to the global scenario.
• Legal team capable of attending any demand related to intellectual property.
• Staff in continuous internal training through PAP IP school as well as external courses.
• Software capable of generating periodic reports tailored to clients.